Home Page Hartland Point and Quay
Hartland Point Lighthouse was officially opened by the Bishop of Exeter on the 1st July 1874. The original revolving light was driven by a clockwork mechanism and had to be wound by a keeper every two and a half hours. The lighthouse was automated in 1984 and is now controlled from Trinity House Operations Control Centre in Harwich, Essex. The present light emits six white flashes every fifteen seconds which can be seen from a range of twenty five miles. The fog signal gives a five second blast every sixty seconds that can be heard from a distance of two miles.
Hartland Lighthouse Hartland Quay Hartland Quay